[Svnmerge] svnmerge: command execution failed (exit code: 1)

Mike Laster mlaster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 08:39:52 PDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Madan U Sreenivasan <madan at collab.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 01:52:53 +0530, Mike Laster <mlaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm getting a reprodcable crash in the latest svnmerge:
> >
> > svnmerge r20074
> >   modified: 2006-06-13 01:59:38 -0400 (Tue, 13 Jun 2006)
> >

> > svnmerge avail is crashing because it seems the output of svn log is
> > too much for
> > it to handle.
>
> Could you try reproducing this on some publicly available (or generated)
> data for us? I could use this to fix this problem.

I haven't had any luck reproducing it yet outside of my repository.  It doesn't
seem to be entirely size related since I found bigger transactions in
the Subversion
repository that didn't choke it.  I've added some debugging print statements
and it seems that the readlines() call in launch is what is dying.

p.wait() is returning 256 instead of the normal 0 for a successful run.

I'm running on Mac OS X 10.4.7 using Python 2.4.3