[Svnmerge] Why does svnmerge avail only work on working directories?

Mattias Brändström thebrasse at brasse.org
Fri May 12 00:46:59 PDT 2006

Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> Mattias Brändström wrote:
>

>>Now I have some problems. I would like to use a URL as argument to
>>svnmerge avail instead of a PATH. svnmerge seems to only accept svn
>>working directories as its last argument. Is there some special reason
>>for this or would it be possible to change it to accept either a path
>>or a URL?
>

> No specific reason. Patches are welcome :)

OK. This looks like a small enough patch for an open source virgin like
me. =) It seems that the patch might be *really* small, please correct
me if I'm wrong. The change I have made is that the test in main() that
is supposed to make sure that branch_dir is a svn working copy does now
accept branch_dir to be a URL if the command is either "avail" or
"integrated". I have done a little testing and it seems to work. How do
I send the patch to this list so you can take a look at it?

:.:: mattias