[Svnmerge] revision lists

Konstantin Sobolev konstantin.sobolev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 06:12:07 PST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to merge our branch with the trunk as described in "Release
branches" section on the wiki:

svnmerge.py avail 2,80s user 1,21s system 1% cpu 5:22,69 total

As you can see, it takes more than 5 minutes. The reason is simple:

kos at kos ~/work/sw2/java $ svnmerge.py avail -v -v
svn propget --strict "svnmerge-integrated" "."
svnmerge: calculate head path for the branch
svn info "."
svnmerge: head is "svn://xxx/trunk/java"
svn info "svn://xxx/branches/release_2006_11/java"
svn info "svn://xxx/trunk/java"
svn log --quiet -r1:56023 "svn://xxx/trunk/java"
aborted by user

It tries to get full repository log which is very large in our case.

So, my first question is, why to analyze all revisions if it is known
that branch was split off only at rev. 55921 ?

The following command runs much faster and still gives correct result:

svnmerge.py avail -r 55921-56023

However, it requires the last known revision number to be explicitly
specified. Is there a way to do something like

svnmerge.py avail -r 55921-HEAD ?

Thanks

--
/KoS