[Svnmerge] Skipped missing target: 'file'

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Nov 24 19:47:41 PST 2006

On Nov 21, 2006, at 2:06 PM, Moshe Gurvich wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm having a problem which i think was mentioned on forums before:
> http://www.orcaware.com/pipermail/svnmerge/2006-February/000211.html
>
> Although the original version of svnmerge.py i had was from 2006
> June, I've think i have the same problem..
>
> The sequence of my actions was something like that:
>
> svnmerge.py merge
> svn revert . -R
> svnmerge.py merge
>
> Now there are few files that won't be updated using svnmerge anymore.
> For these files it always says: " Skipped missing target: 'file' "
> The files are there.
>
> I've tried to:
> * remove/upadte the files themselves

Hi Moshe,

This should work, if you have a completely clean working copy.

What I normally do is

svn revert -R .
svn status --no-ignore | xargs rm -fr
svn update

then

svnmerge.py merge

I do think svnmerge.py should refuse to merge into working copy
containing any files, maybe besides its own commit message file.

Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
<blair at orcaware.com>
Subversion training, consulting and support
http://www.orcaware.com/svn/