[Svnmerge] revision lists

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Nov 23 10:06:20 PST 2006

On Nov 23, 2006, at 6:12 AM, Konstantin Sobolev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to merge our branch with the trunk as described in "Release
> branches" section on the wiki:
>
> svnmerge.py avail 2,80s user 1,21s system 1% cpu 5:22,69 total
>
> As you can see, it takes more than 5 minutes. The reason is simple:
>
> kos at kos ~/work/sw2/java $ svnmerge.py avail -v -v
> svn propget --strict "svnmerge-integrated" "."
> svnmerge: calculate head path for the branch
> svn info "."
> svnmerge: head is "svn://xxx/trunk/java"
> svn info "svn://xxx/branches/release_2006_11/java"
> svn info "svn://xxx/trunk/java"
> svn log --quiet -r1:56023 "svn://xxx/trunk/java"
> aborted by user
>
> It tries to get full repository log which is very large in our case.
>
> So, my first question is, why to analyze all revisions if it is known
> that branch was split off only at rev. 55921 ?

Hello Konstantin,

There's something wrong with your setup if svnmerge.py is checking
for all the revisions from 1 to 56,023.  It should check only for the
non-merged revisions.

How did you create the branch and set up svnmerge.py?

Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
<blair at orcaware.com>
Subversion training, consulting and support
http://www.orcaware.com/svn/