[Svnmerge] revision lists

Konstantin Sobolev konstantin.sobolev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 13:02:39 PST 2006

Hi Blair,

On 11/23/06, Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:
> > svn info "svn://xxx/trunk/java"
> > svn log --quiet -r1:56023 "svn://xxx/trunk/java"
> > aborted by user
> >
> > It tries to get full repository log which is very large in our case.
> >
> > So, my first question is, why to analyze all revisions if it is known
> > that branch was split off only at rev. 55921 ?
>
> Hello Konstantin,
>
> There's something wrong with your setup if svnmerge.py is checking
> for all the revisions from 1 to 56,023.  It should check only for the
> non-merged revisions.

We have a branch split from trunk at rev. 55921. At the moment when
I've tried to use svnmerge there already were several commits both in
the branch and in the trunk.

I've switched to the branch:
svn switch svn://xxx/branches/release_2006_11/java

Then tried to init:
kos at kos ~/work/sw2/java $ svnmerge.py init
svnmerge: no copyfrom info available. Explicit head argument
(-S/--head) required.

This was confusing because 'svnmerge.py help init' doesn't mention
-S/--head switch. However the following command was successfull:

kos at kos ~/work/sw2/java $ svnmerge.py init svn://xxx/trunk/java  -r 0-55921
property 'svnmerge-integrated' set on '.'

Which I assume means to ignore 0-55921 revisions.
The rest you have seen in my original post.
I feel that I did something wrong, but I don't understand what was it..

Thanks.

--
/KoS