[Svnmerge] Ignore initialized rev

Raman Gupta rocketraman at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 5 05:40:12 PDT 2006

Rich Williams wrote:
> On 9/21/06, Raman Gupta <rocketraman at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>> I'll take a look at this in greater detail tonight hopefully -- I'm
>> pretty sure its a minor bug somewhere.
>
> Did you get a chance to take a look? Now that the dust has
> settled on our CVS->SVN migration, this is becoming the
> number one complaint from our developers. We have a 'nag'
> script in place to stop changes hanging around on trunk
> when they should be merged to the release branch, and it's
> always flagging the init operations.

Sorry, not yet.

> If you don't have time, could you give me a few pointers so
> I can maybe take a look?

Take a look at the changed_revs method of the VersionedProperty class.

> In the meantime, what's the best way to deal with them, should
> we explicitly merge them, or block them?

I would just merge them. When you merge these, there should be no
impact, because svnmerge.py overwrites the svnmerge-integrated
property with the correct values anyway. If merging them causes you
some problem, please post and let me know exactly what happens (you
could update your repro recipe).

Cheers,
Raman