[Svnmerge] svnmerge avail uses outdated branch URL

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Thu Sep 21 04:39:35 PDT 2006

Norbert Unterberg wrote:

> I created a branch from tag without speifying a branch name, so my
> branch was named
>
>    /branches/trunk
>
> I then renamed /branches/trunk to /branches/mybranch.
>
> Somehow scnmerge uses the original branch name without noticing the
> branch rename.
> What can I do?

Nothing. SVN 1.3 does not expose enough information for svnmerge.py to work
in this situation. I know that SVN 1.4 now supports peg-revs in "svn log":
theoretically, this should allow to support this situation.

The easiest thing you can do is to manually prop-edit the
svnmerge-integrated property in the main directory of your trunk, and rename
the branch name in it accordingly.
--
Giovanni Bajo