[Svnmerge] Difference between avail and merge header / body revision lists

Raman Gupta rocketraman at fastmail.fm
Wed Apr 4 15:26:12 PDT 2007

Mark Kempster wrote:
> Hi there. Short time lurker, first time poster.

Welcome.

> This is what's listed in svnmerge-commit-message.txt Header line:
> Merged revisions
> 2202-2207,2210,2223-2224,2233-2237,2242,2246,2260-2261,2263-2264,2267-2274
>  Details list 2270, 2271, 2272, 2273
>
> I really only want the revisions listed in the Details section of
> the commit message. Why the difference between the summary line and
> the details section?
>
> The change to property svnmerge-integrated reflects the longer list
> of properties, not the shorter one.

The code that creates the merged revision list for the commit log
message includes "phantom" revisions, as well as the available
revisions. These revisions are ones that are unrelated to the source
branch and therefore can be considered effectively "merged" as far as
svnmerge.py is concerned. Normally, this makes the merge range look
nice and simple.

Now in your case, revisions 2208, 2209, 2211, etc. are breaking the
range. These revs are not merge candidates, nor are they phantom
revisions. If you re-run the merge with a -v parameter, the output
might tell you what svnmerge.py thinks of those revs.

> One interesting change is to r2233, which was a 'svnmerge block'
> command for some prior revisions, which should have just been a
> property change on /trunk. r2210 was a checkin to /trunk. Why would
> those be listed when I'm trying to pull from /branches/0.2?
>
> I'm guessing that I mucked something up during init, but I'm not
> sure what.

I don't think so, unless the gave -r the wrong values. Was the actual
merge incorrect, or just the commit log message?

Cheers,
Raman Gupta