[Svnmerge] svnmerge between multiple repositories, same repo path

dustin at zmanda.com dustin at zmanda.com
Mon Apr 9 13:10:26 PDT 2007

I'd like to use svnmerge to manage merges between two different
repositories containing the same projects.  Basically, I'd like to merge
bidirectionally between:

  http://server1/svn/project/trunk
  http://server2/svn/project/trunk

My expectation was that svnmerge wouldn't be able to merge between
different repositories, but it seems to support this. To my surprise,
what it *can't* do is merge between two locations with the same repo
path (in this case, /project/trunk).  The svnmerge properties make the
reason clear: only the repo path is used to identify a branch.

Is there a way around this?

I'm looking into ways to minimally hack up svnmerge to do what I want,
but any pre-fabricated (or even pre-conceived) solutions would be
helpful.

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell