[Svnmerge] svnmerge between multiple repositories, same repo path

Jack Repenning jrepenning at collab.net
Tue Apr 10 11:01:22 PDT 2007

On Apr 10, 2007, at 7:44 AM, dustin at zmanda.com wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 10:21:48AM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
>> svk uses <uuid-of-repository>:<relative-path-within-repository>
>> for this
>> sort of thing.  No matter what name you use to refer to the
>> repository,
>> it has the same UUID.
>
> I *really* like that idea.  Would anyone object to a patch that
> implements that?  I'll try to make it configurable during 'init'.

That does sound good: I think it resolves both the original report
that got this thread started (merge between different repositories
==> different UUIDs) and also my "inverse" case (merge between
different names for the same host/repo ==> same UUIDs).

-==-
Jack Repenning
Chief Technology Officer
CollabNet, Inc.
8000 Marina Boulevard, Suite 600
Brisbane, California 94005
office: +1 650.228.2562
mobile: +1 408.835.8090
raindance: +1 877.326.2337, x844.7461
aim: jackrepenning
skype: jrepenning

-==-
Jack Repenning
jrepenning at collab.net

There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to
make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the
deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.
  - C.A.R. Hoare