[Svnmerge] bug when merging within a branch that had been cut from a since deleted branch

dustin at zmanda.com dustin at zmanda.com
Tue Apr 17 14:15:07 PDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 03:02:04PM -0500, Kumar McMillan wrote:
> Hi.
> sorry... hunted for a bug tracker, couldn't find one.  First time
> using svnmerge I ran into a bug which looks like a rare edge case (but
> also one that should be easy to fix).  Here is a failing test
> (attached) and the traceback it exposes below.  In a nutshell: made a
> branch from trunk, say "work_foo", then moved that branch to
> "release_candidate_foo" ... svn merge in release_candidate_foo gets
> confused because work_foo is deleted in head (specifically, `svn info
> "dead_branch_url"` fails inside svnmerge.py).

The patches I submitted earlier will make this easier to fix.

get_svninfo grows an optional fail_on_invalid=True; the checks in
get_copyfrom can then handle the failure gracefully.

There's some strangeness with the copyfrom stuff throughout (it selects
the wrong revisions in some circumstances), but I haven't looked at it
in detail.

Any responses on the patch I sent earlier?  I've tweaked a few more
things since, and have yet to write the new unit tests, but if all of
those work out, will it be accepted?

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell