[Svnmerge] Conflict on svnmerge-blocked property

Raman Gupta rocketraman at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 20 08:08:45 PDT 2007

dustin at zmanda.com wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 10:48:04AM -0400, Raman Gupta wrote:
>> I can confirm the problem. This is another case of svnmerge.py not
>> supporting transitive (or graph-based) merges properly.
>
> I could probably write a test case for this, if someone else thinks they
> could track down the problem..

A test case would really help -- the fix should actually be pretty
simple -- just ignore any merged changes to any of the svnmerge
integrated properties, and set them explicitly at the end of the merge.

This would of course prevent merge information from other "distant"
branches being merged into the current branch implicitly (the
"illusion" of graph-based merging that svnmerge.py currently
provides). Personally I consider that a feature -- since I didn't
explicitly "init" merging with that distant branch, I don't want
unrelated merge information from it cluttering up my target branch.

Cheers,
Raman