[Svnmerge] svnmerge between multiple repositories, same repo path

dustin at zmanda.com dustin at zmanda.com
Fri Apr 27 18:49:31 PDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 07:03:11PM -0500, dustin at zmanda.com wrote:
> I'll redraft these after some comments.  For one thing, I need to make
> some corresponding changes to the unit tests and README.

I have now redrafted this series of patches, adding unit tests and
making sure that they all pass (except the three that don't pass in the
current HEAD).  The unittests should, in fact, pass after each patch is
added in sequence.

Patches should be applied in this order:

call-it-locid.patch -p0
cleanup-abstraction.patch -p0
get_latest_rev_of_source.patch -p0
detect_bad_url.patch -p0
multiple_locid_fmts.patch -p0

Any comments would be appreciated, as would be a vision of how this
might get committed.

I couldn't find the original message on the mailing list, and I didn't
get any replies.  Just in case, I've left in the descriptions of these
patches:

> call-it-locid.patch
>  fix comments, variable names for urls, directories, and
>  "repostitory-relative paths" to be more explicit and call the
>  repo-relative paths "location identifiers"
>
> cleanup-abstraction.patch
>  clean up the locid abstraction, removing a few assumptions about
>  the form of location identifiers; depends on previous patch
>
> multiple_locid_fmts.patch
>  Add support for three types of identifiers for locations in the
>  subversion properties:
>    - path (the existing repo-relative path)
>    - uuid (uuid://XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX/repo/relative/path)
>    - url
>  'svnmerge init' has a new flag, --location-type, allowing the user to
>  specify which kind of location to use.  After that, the format will be
>  retained.
>
> I've also included two fairly independent patches for bugs I ran across
> in this process:
>
> get_latest_rev_of_source.patch
>  analyze_source_revs() gets the latest revision of the *branch*
>  repository, then proceeds to use that value against the *source*
>  repository; it should get the latest revision of the *source*.
>
> detect_bad_url.patch
>  Detect and error out on invalid URLs.

Also, the mailing list rejected my post with the patches due to its
being >40k, so I've omitted them in this mail.  Please find the patches
at:

  http://tmp.v.igoro.us/svnmerge-patches/

or email me privately for a copy (that site is, as the name suggests,
temporary).

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell