[Svnmerge] Conflict on svnmerge-blocked property

Piet-Hein Peeters piet-hein.peeters at philips.com
Fri Apr 20 00:18:15 PDT 2007

Hello,

I see a lot of responses on different issues, but nobody seems to have an
answer for my problem.
In short the svnmerge-blocked property shows the same spurious merge
conflict as the svnmerge-integrated property. (see mail below)
For the latter a patch is available. What do I need to do to get the issue
also fixed for the svnmerge-blocked property?

Regards,
Piet-Hein

Piet-Hein Peeters
Sent by:
svnmerge-bounces+piet-hein.peeters=philips.com at orcaware.com
04/11/2007 12:14 PM

Raman Gupta <rocketraman at fastmail.fm>
cc
svnmerge at orcaware.com
Subject
Re: [Svnmerge] Conflict on svnmerge-blocked property
Classification

Raman Gupta <rocketraman at fastmail.fm> wrote on 03/29/2007 05:25:01 PM:

> Piet-Hein Peeters wrote:
> >
> > We have a merge strategy in which we merge changesets from
> > /branches/dicomviewer23 to /branches/pmw and changesets from
> > /branches/pmw to /branches/pmw-pre-dev.
> > On the /branches/pmw and /branches/pmw-pre-dev the svnmerge-blocked
> > property is set to block the merge of a few revisions from its source.
> > The patched svnmerge.py handles the merge correctly for the
> > svnmerge-integrated property but not for the svnmerge-blocked
property.
> > (see attachment).
> > My question is: Is there a patch available for svnmerge.py that also
> > handles merge conflicts like this on the svnmerge-blocked property?
>
> Please provide a test case in the form of an update to the
> svnmerge_test.py, or as a shell script that initializes a repository
> and then uses it to reproduce your error. That'll make it much easier
> to investigate this.

I do not have the knowlegde to do so, but I can describe the testcase more
precisly for you.
In a repository I have a trunk, branch A and branch B
Merge strategy is as follows:
Merge changesets from Branch B to A and from branch A to trunk

revision x of branch B is blocked by setting "svnmerge.py block -rx" on
branch A
revision y of branch A is blocked by setting "svnmerge.py block -ry" on
trunk

When a merge is done from branch A to trunk, I get the following merge
conflict:
Trying to add new property 'svnmerge-blocked' with value
'/branches/branchB:x',
but property already exists with value '/branches/branchA:y'.

Is there a patch available for this? I would have expected that the
patched svnmerge.py also would work on the svnmerge-blocked property and
not only on the svnmerge-integrated property.

Regards,
Piet-Hein

> Cheers,
Svnmerge mailing list