[Svnmerge] Lost in Properties

Raman Gupta rocketraman at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 6 20:19:50 PST 2007

Thomas F. O'Connell wrote:
> I've got a fairly standard repository structure, i.e.:
>
> trunk/
> branches/branch-1
> branches/branch-2
> branches/branch-n
>
> I typically develop in parallel in all branches, merge back to the
> trunk, and then often merge from the trunk into each branch to keep each
> branch up to speed with trunk development.
>
> In the most recent iteration of this process, I was editing in branch-1,
> I used svnmerge.py to merge back to trunk. Then I wanted to merge the
> changes into branch-2. After I did so, the following file was created:
>
> dir_conflicts.prej

Often, the patch at this URL solves directory property conflicts like
you're seeing, though without knowing the specific commands you are
using, and the exact setup of your branches, I don't know for sure if
it will help:

http://tinyurl.com/3c229c

Please try it out and let us know if it helps you or not. If not, then
please be more specific about the commands you are using to produce
the conflict.

Cheers,
Raman Gupta