[Svnmerge] Lost in Properties

Thomas F. O'Connell tf at o.ptimized.com
Tue Mar 6 19:09:31 PST 2007

I've got a fairly standard repository structure, i.e.:

trunk/
branches/branch-1
branches/branch-2
branches/branch-n

I typically develop in parallel in all branches, merge back to the
trunk, and then often merge from the trunk into each branch to keep
each branch up to speed with trunk development.

In the most recent iteration of this process, I was editing in
branch-1, I used svnmerge.py to merge back to trunk. Then I wanted to
merge the changes into branch-2. After I did so, the following file
was created:

dir_conflicts.prej

In it, I learned that the property 'svnmerge-integrated' was locally
changed to something but that the update set it to something else.
The revision range in question in the updated version is the list of
changes that was merged from branch-1 into the trunk.

I came into this project mid-stream, having taken over from the
developer who introduced svnmerge into the development environment,
and I feel like I've never had a firm grasp on the way the various
svnmerge properties work, especially in a highly bidirectional merge
environment.

Can anyone help address this particular conflict and possibly help me
calibrate my svnmerge properties?

Thanks!

--
Thomas F. O'Connell

optimizing modern web applications
: for search engines, for usability, and for performance :

http://o.ptimized.com/
615-260-0005