[Svnmerge] svnmerge conflicts

Erik Andersson kirean at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 03:52:58 PDT 2007

Hi

I have some questions which I haven't been able to find answers to. If it's
already been discussed I apologize.

I'm trying to "rebase" a branch from trunk and I recieve conflicts. The
problem with this is the generated conflict files.

Lets say I have the following changesets available in trunk:

svnmerge: revisions available to be merged are:
14710,14783,14797-14798,14802,14843,14852,14861

Conflicts are found from some files originated from the 14783 changeset, but
since svnmerge is actually merging 14709-14861 at once it will generate the
files like:

file.c
file.c.working
file.c.merge-left.r14709
file.c.merge-left.r14861

I guess that the problem with this is due to that svnmerge.py does the merge
14709:14861 instead of trying to merge each available changeset
incrementally. I understand this is a performance issue as well as with
thought on how to best avoid conflicts?

Is the conflict resolving really better when merging all at once?
Is it possible to force an incremental merge?

Am i making a problem out of nothing? ;-) Hope someone has some
answers/feedback.

Cheers / Erik