[Svnmerge] Error during "svnmerge.py init"

nick aschberger nick.aschberger at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 17:31:49 PDT 2007

On 26/10/2007, Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin at zmanda.com> wrote:

> On 10/25/07, nick aschberger <nick.aschberger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ... and then finally, the last thing printed:
> >
> > <path
> >
> > copyfrom-path="/branches/moose-support-1/omap/src/chips/w3gdigrf"
> >   copyfrom-rev="202"
> >   action="A">svn: Write error: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> Huh -- looks like an svn bug, rather than a svnmerge bug.  Googling
> doesn't turn up much about that error, but you might want to try to
> run the same 'svn log' commands as svnmerge is running, and see if you
> get the same error.  I suppose that possible reasons could include a
> corrupted repository (svn log looks at old revisions that an
> update/commit wouldn't necessarily touch) or network problems.  If you
> can replicate it outside of svnmerge, you may have a clearer idea of
> what triggers the problem.
>
> Dustin

Thanks Dustin,

I have been thinking this myself actually - the subversion storage server is
remote (in the US, and I am in Australia) so it may be some kind of weird
timeout.
I do not think it is a corruption in the repository (how do you even
diagnose that?!), as everything else works fine. It is possibly a dropped
packet/connection.

However, the "svn log" command seems to work fine outside of
svnmerge.pyscripting!
There is a huge amount of log output - maybe the input buffer inside python
fills? I don't really know about how python manages that memory.

Having a look at the script, I'm not really sure either what you are doing
with all the xml output - but I take it that it's all required?

cheers

Nick