[Svnmerge] Error during "svnmerge.py init"

Dustin J. Mitchell dustin at zmanda.com
Thu Oct 25 20:56:48 PDT 2007

On 10/25/07, nick aschberger <nick.aschberger at gmail.com> wrote:

> ... and then finally, the last thing printed:
>
> <path
>
> copyfrom-path="/branches/moose-support-1/omap/src/chips/w3gdigrf"
>   copyfrom-rev="202"
>   action="A">svn: Write error: Resource temporarily unavailable

Huh -- looks like an svn bug, rather than a svnmerge bug.  Googling
doesn't turn up much about that error, but you might want to try to
run the same 'svn log' commands as svnmerge is running, and see if you
get the same error.  I suppose that possible reasons could include a
corrupted repository (svn log looks at old revisions that an
update/commit wouldn't necessarily touch) or network problems.  If you
can replicate it outside of svnmerge, you may have a clearer idea of
what triggers the problem.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer