[Svnmerge] Initialization problem

Wayne wayne at zk.com
Thu Apr 3 11:13:09 PDT 2008

Wayne wrote:
> Raman Gupta wrote:
>
>> Wayne wrote:

>>> bin/
>>> doc/
>>> lib/
>>> sandbox.pj
>>> sandbox.use
>>> scripts/
>>> src/
>>> src_lib/
>>>

>> So svnmerge.py is stating that http://xxxx/branches/my_branch does not
>> exist at rev 68, but obviously it does. Can you run the avail command
>> with -vv?
>>
>> Also post the output of
>>
>> svn pl --verbose http://xxxx/branches/my_branch
>>
>> and the branch/trunk you are merging from.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Raman
>>

> The plot thickens. First the requested output:
>
>  >svnmerge avail -vv
> svn --non-interactive propget --strict "svnmerge-integrated" "."
> svnmerge: calculate source path for the branch
> svn --non-interactive info "."
> svnmerge: source is "http://xxxx/branches/my_branch"
> svn --non-interactive propget --strict "svnmerge-integrated"
> "http://xxxx/branches/my_branch"
> svnmerge: command execution failed (exit code: 1)
> svn --non-interactive propget --strict "svnmerge-integrated"
> "http://xxxx/branches/my_branch"
> svn: 'http://xxxx/svn/branches/my_branch' does not exist in revision '71'
>
>  >svn pl --verbose "http://xxxx/branches/my_branch"
> svn: Unknown node kind for 'http://xxxx/branches/my_branch'
>

> Now if I run the prop get myself like this (my working copy was last
> updated at version 68):
>  >svn propget "svnmerge-integrated"
> /branches/my_branch:1-4
>
> At this point I noticed that some check-ins had happened so I did an svn
> update. Now my working copy is at revision 71. Now if I run the command
> 'svn propget "svnmerge-integrated"' I get and empty line.
>
> The unknown node type response to the pl command concerns me. However,
> svnadmin verify does not report any errors.

I was just thinking about this and I remembered that I actually moved
the branch after I made it. Could that be what's causing the problem?

If this is the case then I think that I make a new branch (copy the same
revision to a new branch name), run svnmerge init and then copy all my
changes over. Then I will have another branch at the same point. Then I
can start merging to/from the trunk. Do you see any problems with this?
I am not really worried a lot about the history in the branch up to this
point.