[Svnmerge] Tracking properties

Noah Kantrowitz noah at coderanger.net
Fri Aug 29 10:45:33 PDT 2008

This might be a core svn issue, but I thought asking here first might help.
We have a number of different branches, some maintained with `svn merge` and
others with svnmerge.py. svnmerge.py does seem to be updating the
svn:mergeinfo properties correctly, but it sometimes sets them on random
files. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but it seems to be causing merge
conflicts for people using `svn merge`. An example:

#
dev

    * Property svnmerge-integrated changed from
/branches/myuser/patching:1-57567,57652 to
/branches/myuser/patching:1-57567,57652,57809-57815
    * Property svn:mergeinfo set to
/branches/myuser/patching:57809,57811-57815

#
dev/libs/xxxx/components/yyyy.c

    * Property svn:mergeinfo set to
/branches/myuser/patching/libs/xxxx/components/yyyy.c:57811-57815

The file yyyy.c wasn't changed at all in the merge (this was a merge from my
branch to dev/ (trunk)) but it set the property anyway. It seems to me like
I can just clear the property and it will be fine, but I don't want to break
anything. Anyone seen this before?

--Noah