[Svnmerge] Make more

Tim Olsen tim at brooklynpenguin.com
Thu Feb 7 09:05:03 PST 2008

Raman Gupta <rocketraman at ...> writes:
> Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> > an anonymous contributor sent the attached patch to me. Basically, the
> > patch allows more revisions which modify the svnmerge-block property to
> > disappear from svnmerge avail. Specifically, consider the transitive case:
<snip>
> I can't think of a reason not to do this. In fact, is there a reason not
> to apply the same change to the merged revisions also?

Let's say you have 1.0.x branch and a 1.1.x branch.  you might want to block
certain revisions from going from trunk to 1.0.x but not block them from going
from 1.1.x.  If we merge to trunk the revision blocking said trunk revisions,
then the block will eventually migrate to the 1.1.x branch.

Maybe offer an option (similar to -b) which removes blocking revisions of this
sort?

-Tim