[Svnmerge] KeyError with svnmerge.py init

Dustin J. Mitchell dustin at zmanda.com
Sat Jun 28 11:15:43 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 6:49 PM, Buddy Burden <barefootcoder at gmail.com> wrote:
> So this is totally my fault, but I do wonder if it wouldn't be a good
> idea to have a more user-friendly error message ... if launchsvn isn't
> capturing the stderr from svn, then perhaps it should, and try to
> determine if there was an error and then report that back to the user.
>  Or something.

Buddy makes a good point.  I think that the error is here:

dev at knuth ~/devel/projects/svnmerge/t/trunk $ svn --non-interactive
info "http://svn.r.igoro.us/foo"; echo $?
http://svn.r.igoro.us/foo:  (Not a valid URL)
0

So 'svn info' isn't telling us that anything's wrong.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com