[Svnmerge] merging from branch to trunk and then to branch

JL jeremyl at research.canon.com.au
Thu May 15 18:01:03 PDT 2008

Hi

I probably didn't give enough information last time.

Thanks for all your replies.  Here is a log of what I'm doing.  I think
I'm using it correctly, but I can't get the bidirectional option to work
in the way I thought it should.

1) Go to a clean checkout of the trunk and do an update.
2) Merge in the changes from my branch to the trunk.
4) Check to see what is available to be merged.  However this last step
is showing the commit from step 3.

I'm on Windows XP.  I've tried both the python.py script and the windows
prebuilt version.  However python is running under cygwin.

Here are the steps I'm doing.

1) Clean checkout of trunk and branch

D:\Home\jeremyl\clean>cd trunk

D:\Home\jeremyl\clean\trunk>svn update
At revision 61.

D:\Home\jeremyl\clean\trunk>cd ..\BR_CODELINE_phase1

D:\Home\jeremyl\clean\BR_CODELINE_phase1>svn update
A    testing
A    testing\unit
A    testing\unit\core
A    testing\unit\reference
A    testing\system
A    testing\doc
Updated to revision 61.

2) Merge my branch into the trunk
D:\Home\jeremyl\clean\BR_CODELINE_phase1>cd ../trunk

D:\Home\jeremyl\clean\trunk>svnmerge.py avail --bidirectional
55-61

D:\Home\jeremyl\clean\trunk>svnmerge.py merge --bidirectional
property 'svnmerge-integrated' set on '.'

property 'svnmerge-blocked' deleted from '.'.

U    prototypes\RgbBitmapEffect\readme.htm
A    testing
A    testing\unit
A    testing\unit\core
A    testing\unit\reference
A    testing\system
A    testing\doc

property 'svnmerge-integrated' set on '.'

property 'svnmerge-blocked' deleted from '.'.

D:\Home\jeremyl\clean\trunk>svn commit . -F svnmerge-commit-messag
e.txt
Sending        .
Sending        prototypes\RgbBitmapEffect\readme.htm
Adding         testing
Adding         testing\doc
Adding         testing\system
Adding         testing\unit
Adding         testing\unit\core
Adding         testing\unit\reference
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 62.

D:\Home\jeremyl\clean\trunk>cd ..\BR_CODELINE_phase1

D:\Home\jeremyl\clean\BR_CODELINE_phase1>svn update
At revision 62.

4) See what is available.  Revision 62 is listed as available even
though it is a merge from the branch.
D:\Home\jeremyl\clean\BR_CODELINE_phase1>svnmerge.py avail --bidirectional
20,22,51,54,62

Thanks!
Jeremy