[Svnmerge] Subversion 1.6 merge issue: use of authz

Sunil Gandhi sunilgandhi17 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:30:43 PDT 2009

Hi,

We are moving from vss to  subversion 1.6.

One of the requirement I have to restrict viewing of a file structure based
on users (clients)

In the authz file for the repository, I created structure as below

//start
[groups]
ow = ow1
abc = abc1
def = def1

[/]
@ow = rw

[/ClientCustomization/ABC]
@ow = rw
@abc = rw

[/ClientCustomization/DEF]
@ow = rw
@def = rw

//end

'ow' is internal user group having visibility to everything. This way I restricted 'abc' users from viewing other than
'/ClientCustomization/ABC'

This works fine. But when I tried doing a merge on as ow user (any where in project) I get error as

svn: Unreadable path encountered; access denied

However if I don't  use authorization (by commenting  line 'authz-db = authz' in svnserve.conf file)  or modify authz file as

[/]
*= rw

I can merge.

It it a bug in 1.6 or I am doing something wrong.
I need to fix this as soon as possible as delivery of project depends on
this.
Could you please give me some guide lines.

Regards,
Sunil
Looking to move up the career ladder? Explore the endless opportunities here!
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fmsn%2Eseek%2Eco%2Enz%2FID%5FSEEKNZMAIN%5FUSR%2FPages%2Falliance%5Fhomepage%2Eascx%3FComeFrom%3Dmsnnz%26tracking%3Dsk%3Atl%3Asknz%3Amsnnz%3A0%3Ahottag%3Aexplore&_t=757263783&_r=Seek_NZ_tagline&_m=EXT