[Svnmerge] Problem with svnmerge.py init (constantly asks for password)

Dustin J. Mitchell dustin at zmanda.com
Tue Mar 17 10:59:41 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Robert Kern <me at robertkern.com> wrote:
> When i run svnmerge.py init, it asks me for my password which i put
> in, then again and again and again it keeps asking me for my password
> as if it were incorrect i guess - which it is not.
> I find it strange that the avail command doesnt do the same.

svnmerge.py just runs 'svn' commands under the hood, so you'll need to
configure svn to cache your credentials just as you would if you were
not using svnmerge.py.

Unfortunately, it invokes 'svn' several times, so if you cannot
configure it to cache your credentials, you will need to enter them
repeatedly.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer