[Svnmerge] Unicode in log messages

Benson Margulies bimargulies at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 19:01:12 PDT 2009

My analysis of the python code is different. It is assuming that the log
contains UTF-8, and then it is insisting on converting it to 'the current
locale' before letting you edit it. If the current locale isn't UTF-8, and
it probably isn't, you lose.

Converting is not safe, but it's convenient for some people some of the
time. So I propose an option to turn it off and write UTF-8 (perhaps with a
BOM).