[Svnmerge] question about using svnmerge after manually merging for a while

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Mon Mar 29 11:30:11 PDT 2010

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, Chris Hall wrote:
> I've just started with svnmerge after manually merging branch/trunk,
> and have a question...i've inited trunk and a branch, then done an
> 'avail' within the trunk, and I get a huge list of revisions available
> to merge.  I was wonder, is there a way to init so svnmerge only goes
> so far back?

When you do "svnmerge.py init", you can pass an optional list of
revisions to tell it "assume that these revisions have already been
merged".  If you didn't record the merged revisions at init time, you
can still record them later, using "svnmerge.py merge --record-only
-r ${REVLIST}", where ${REVLIST} is a list of all revisions that you
had manually merged before starting to use svnmerge.  Of course you
can lie to svnmerge, telling it that all revisions from 1 to some
recent revision have already been merged, even if the truth is more
complicated.

--apb (Alan Barrett)