[Svnmerge] question about using svnmerge after manually merging for a while

Raman Gupta rocketraman at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 29 12:17:30 PDT 2010

On 03/29/2010 12:12 PM, Chris Hall wrote:
> I've just started with svnmerge after manually merging branch/trunk,
> and have a question...i've inited trunk and a branch, then done an
> 'avail' within the trunk, and I get a huge list of revisions available
> to merge.  I was wonder, is there a way to init so svnmerge only goes
> so far back?  We did a manual merge of branch ->  branch last week, but

 From "svnmerge.py help init":

If SOURCE is specified, all the revisions in SOURCE are marked as
already merged; if this is not correct, you can use --revision to
specify the exact list of already-merged revisions.

If SOURCE is omitted, then it is computed from the "svn cp" history of
the current working directory (searching back for the branch point);
in this case, svnmerge assumes that no revision has been integrated
yet since the branch point (unless you teach it with --revision).

Cheers,
Raman