[ocaml-biz] Some logo for your OCaml relatedwebsites

Brian Hurt bhurt
Tue Aug 24 12:09:27 PDT 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Martin Jambon wrote:

> More ideas maybe later...

One of the points I like to make about Ocaml is that it is (in general) a
very pragmatic language.  Most people in industry have a really bad Not
Invented Here problem with anything comming out of academia.  Academics,
it is beleived, are eggheads who wouldn't know real work if it bit them on
their ass, and write toy languages whose main purpose is life is to give
them something to write papers about.  Therefor, anything written by
anyone in academia can be safely ignored by the real programmers.

Thus my attraction to mechanical logos, rather than animal logos.  Start
the spin up front- Ocaml is a "heavy industry" language, a language for
doing real work in.  It may have a Phd, but it's got dirt under it's
fingernails as well.

mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."
                                - Gene Spafford
Brian