[ocaml-biz] Inverse Googling

Martin Jambon martin_jambon
Tue Aug 31 07:22:38 PDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

> Martin Jambon wrote:
> >
> > Maybe, it might help to have a few pages that talk about
> > programming in
> > general and who all point to OCaml resources.
>
> It's a good marketing idea.  Unfortunately, I am not the web guru you
> seek.  :-)  Anyone else around here handy with webpages?  We're going to
> keep bumping into this difficulty.  We need artists and web designers.

You are right, creating a good web site is unfortunately not only a
technical problem :-(

Defining the contents of the site is not really a problem.
With some help consisting of drawings from inspired graphic
designers, I imagine I could define a template for a set of
HTML pages with the appropriate style sheet (no javascript, no dynamic
contents) and make the site relatively easy to maintain and test by
different authors who know OCaml and the basics of HTML.

I would say we just need a good artist, who doesn't need to know too
much about web technologies.

Martin