[ocaml-biz] adjectives about OCaml

Alexander Petrov apetrov at naumen.ru
Tue Sep 14 02:23:41 PDT 2004

If I had to pick one word to describe Ocaml, I'd choose Cynical.

For me, Ocaml is language that allows do anything any way. You may use
functional style, you may use imperative style, you may use pure
declarative style and cynically mix it. Byte-code, native code,
ocamltop - use any or mix. And time-traveling debugging is most cynical
feature of all. If you don't like syntax - change it totally or
partially. If you don't like ocaml at all, but like that neat
ocamrun.dll - take it and build MoscowML compiler on top of it.

So, Ocaml is a perfect tool for cynical programming.

Sorry my weak English.
--
Best regards,
 Alexander                          mailto:apetrov at naumen.ru