[Orca-dev] Errors with procallator

rhfreeman at micron.com rhfreeman at micron.com
Fri Jul 4 02:08:43 PDT 2003

Hi folks,

I did try and email the author of procallator about this, but the email
bounced. So I thought I'd send it here instead.

This is procallator from orca-0.27, and it is running on RH 7.2.

When running it, my machines were giving this error:

Jul  3 15:25:00 avalanche procallator.pl: Use of uninitialized value in
numeric eq (=3D=3D) at /tools/Orcaware/orca/bin/procallator.pl line 499.
Jul  3 15:25:00 avalanche procallator.pl: Use of uninitialized value in
concatenation (.) or string at /tools/Orcaware/orca/bin/procallator.pl
line 220.

I tracked it down to the "df -k" statement. Some of our output is below:

/dev/hda3              4127108    247164   3670296   7% /var
MrPotatoHead:/usr/local/lsf
                     297317840 221648608  75669232  75% /usr/local/lsf

The problem is that if the mount name is long, then it line wraps and
causes problems. The mounts with long names are NFS mounts, and we don't
want these monitored anyway. So I changed a line to only do this for
lines beginning with /dev, which means locally mounted disks only:

      if (!(($df[$i]=3D~/cdrom/)||($df[$i]=3D~/cdrom/)) &&
($df[$i]=3D~/^\/dev/)) {

I'm not sure why cdrom is in there twice, but I left it alone.

Also, for the start-up procallator script I added this line:

export COLUMNS=3D200

Otherwise ps doesn't return a line long enough to detect procallator.

If you've got an updated version, then let me know and I'll give that a
try. It looks like there is a newer version in subversion:

http://svn.orcaware.com:8000/repos/trunk/orca/data_gatherers/procallator
/

Shall I just use that version instead?

Cheers,