[Orca-dev] RAWDISK code

Dmitry Berezin dberezin at surfside.rutgers.edu
Mon Apr 26 14:35:43 PDT 2004

Hi Alan,

I'm currently working on making some custom changes to the orcallator.se
script and understand that you have originally developed some code to get
disk statistics that GLOBAL_disk was not providing. With that, I have a
couple of questions for you if you don't mind -

1. What is the disk driver that your system is using that does not show up
in GLOBAL_disk? I assume it is not "sd" but some other special driver.

2. If this is indeed some special driver, have you tried using
se_add_disk_name("<your_driver>") function, and if yes, did it work for you?

I do not have the system with A1000 RAID controllers available to me, so I
can not test this myself.

  Thank you,

  -Dmitry.