[Svnmerge] svnmerge rewritten in Python

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Mon Sep 19 04:34:14 PDT 2005

Giovanni Bajo <rasky at develer.com> wrote:

>> - I purposedly avoid newest Python features. Theoritically it should work
>> on any Python 2.0+, but I haven't tested it. I believe it is important
for
>> such a tool to work on as many systems as possible. And really, for 600
>> lines of code, I can live without generators or a decorators.

[NOTE to list admin: reply-to in this list seems broken, I believe it should
be set to the list address]

I took some time to test it with Python 2.0.1. There were a couple of
compatibility issues: True/False didn't exist yet, string stripping
functions supported only whitespaces and not arbitrary characters, and
'dict' did not exist yet as a builtin name (need to use types.DictType
instead). I'm attaching a new version which works fine on Python 2.0.1 for
me. It's a more-than-4-years-old version of Python, so I believe that
ensuring compatibility with it is enough.
--
Giovanni Bajo