[Svnmerge] Patch for non-reflected bidirectional merging support

Puetz Kevin A PuetzKevinA at JohnDeere.com
Wed Sep 21 16:21:59 PDT 2005

> Blair Zajac wrote:
>
>> Archie Cobbs wrote:
>>
>>> Raman Gupta wrote:
>>>
>>> Someday it will be time to rewrite this monstrous script in C anyway :-)
>>> That would also make it more portable (making Windows users happier).
>>

>> Python or Ruby would be much better I think.  Easier to write and you
>> don't have to compile it.
>
>But then it requires again some run time environment which makes deploying the
>app on non unix like systems hard.

(reading this in the archives, so sorry about the delay)

Not really - python has py2exe and perl has par. Both let you build a fairly freestanding executable (certainly one that doesn't require anything unusual to be installed systemwide, though py2exe does have a DLL that has to go in the directory with the resulting executable).

Now, the *size* of the resulting thing can be pretty ugly (as you basically end up with a statically-linked interpreter) but the mechanics of distributing it are pretty manageable.