[Svnmerge] Patch for non-reflected bidirectional merging support

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Thu Sep 22 03:02:29 PDT 2005

Puetz Kevin A <PuetzKevinA at JohnDeere.com> wrote:

>>> Python or Ruby would be much better I think.  Easier to write and you
>>> don't have to compile it.
>>
>> But then it requires again some run time environment which makes
deploying
>> the app on non unix like systems hard.
>
> (reading this in the archives, so sorry about the delay)
>
> Not really - python has py2exe and perl has par.

Ahem, python also has PyInstaller (I'm the maintainer :)).

As a facts are easier to get than words, people thinking that Python is not
portable will have to try http://www.develer.com/~rasky/svnmerge.exe, which
is the self-contained Windows executable I just built from the Python port
of svnmerge I posted the other day (using PyInstaller).
--
Giovanni Bajo