[Svnmerge] questions about merge tracking

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Thu Sep 22 17:17:46 PDT 2005

Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:

>> - The "svnmerge merge" commit message (produced by -f) could be more
>> informative. For instance, it could also report the original logs of
>> the revisions merged in. Otherwise, running "svn log" in the branch
>> produces a totally uninformative list of other revision numbers to
>> look at. Opinions? If we add this, should it be the default? Should
>> there be an option to enable/disable it?
>
> I'm for making the more informative log the default.  +1

I implemented it as an option right now (-V), as suggested by Archie. See
updated script here: http://www.develer.com/~rasky/svnmerge.py
I'm also +1 on making it the default because the current log message is really
too concise to be useful; we can have a -Q to make it more quiet.

Thanks also everybody for the other feedbacks on the other issues. I had too
little time today to address them, I'll do it ASAP.

Giovanni Bajo