[Svnmerge] svnmerge forget?

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Fri Sep 23 05:41:21 PDT 2005

Hello,

another option I would like to have in svnmerge is one to not show me
anymore a set of revisions. This is handy if you maintain a release branch
with svnmerge. In a release branch, you want only certain patches to go in
from, while probably most of the patches to head are inappropriate. So, the
idea is that you run "svnmerge avail" and you see all the new revisions in
head (possibly pruned -- as we're discussing). You then review the logs and
decide which patches are worth to be merged in the release branch, and which
not. Then, you run "svnmerge merge" to do the actual merges.

When everything is done, there is no way to tell svnmerge "these other
revisions I will never merge in this branch, so don't show them to me
anymore". One can of course edit the svnmerge-integrated property manually,
but I believe this breaks encapsulation: we should provide anything needed
to handle that.

So I'm proposing something like "svnmerge forget -r478-500" which will
basically just add the specified revisions to the integrated revisions.
Comments?
--
Giovanni Bajo