[Svnmerge] svnmerge forget?

Archie Cobbs archie at dellroad.org
Fri Sep 23 06:48:27 PDT 2005

Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> So I'm proposing something like "svnmerge forget -r478-500" which will
> basically just add the specified revisions to the integrated revisions.
> Comments?

Interesting problem, but I think a better solution would be to
"block out" instead of "forget" these revisions. That is, store
them in another property (e.g., "svnmerge-blocked" or somesuch).
This allows someone else (perhaps someone who disagrees with your
asessment about what might ever happen in the future) to un-do
the blocking.

So we'd have:

   svnmerge block -r 123-456
      Stop showing me revisions 123-456 in svnmerge avail

   svnmerge unblock -r 123-456
      Unblock 123-456

   svnmerge avail -A ...
      Same as "svnmerge avail", but show me ALL revisions,
      including any that are blocked

On a related note, I'd like to see another flag e.g. "svnmerg avail -R"
which would show the logs in reverse order (like "svn log" does by
default). Often you are only looking for the very latest changes.

-Archie