[Svnmerge] Re: Finding root of the repo

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Mon Sep 26 11:02:17 PDT 2005

Archie Cobbs <archie at dellroad.org> wrote:

>>> Sounds reasonable.. or just try "svn info URL" and fallback if it
>>> reports "svn: 'svn info' only works on working copy paths, not URLs".
>>
>> Can you double check that the process return code is not 0 in this case?
>> don't have a pre-1.2.0 svn client around.
>
> Confirmed.. I get non-zero return when this happens.

OK, then I already have the infrastructure: every command spawned which
returns non-zero raises a LaunchError exception (see launch()). I committed
this patch, which also refactors the code a little, adding a common function
to parse the output of "svn info". I verified that svnmerge is now faster at
startup because it takes only a single remote command to extract the URL.
--
Giovanni Bajo