[Svnmerge] Conflict on svnmerge-blocked property

Raman Gupta rocketraman at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 23 16:24:28 PDT 2007

Daniel Rall wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, dustin at zmanda.com wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 03:35:23PM -0400, Raman Gupta wrote:
>>> The stopgap solution supports everything that svnmerge.py has ever
>>> claimed to support. And it covers probably 90% of merge use cases. Its
>>> the old "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good"...
>>
>> This argument makes a lot of sense.  Also, most people won't be
>> upgrading to 1.5 immediately, so having a more capable svnmerge.py is
>> probably a good idea.
>
> I'm fine with that.

You are? Then my previous patch that fixes the merge property
conflict, and any updates to handle the blocking property conflict
will be committed, subject to review of course? Or did that part of my
proposal get lost in the quote trims?

>>> If you still don't think the change is correct, ok. I for one am
>>> perfectly happy with my patched svnmerge and I am willing to wait for
>>> 1.5 for the correct solution :-)  If Dustin, or whoever, will create
>>> the test case, then I might update my patch to handle the blocked
>>> property conflict too.
>> Ah, I thought someone else had developed a test case.  I'll fix that up,
>> then.
>
> Thanks Dustin!

+1

> p.s. FYI, there are some known failing test case in svnmerge_test.py,
> broken by a patch committed last year by Blair (r22788?).  I pointed
> this out a while back, but the test cases don't seem to have been
> updated yet.  I currently see 3 failures -- unsure if they're all a
> result of that change.

Yes I saw that today. If someone could figure out which commit broke
the test cases, we could probably fix them up pretty quick.

Cheers,
Raman