[Svnmerge] Conflict on svnmerge-blocked property

Daniel Rall dlr at collab.net
Mon Apr 23 16:14:47 PDT 2007

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, dustin at zmanda.com wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 03:35:23PM -0400, Raman Gupta wrote:
> > The stopgap solution supports everything that svnmerge.py has every
> > claimed to support. And it covers probably 90% of merge use cases. Its
> > the old "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good"...
>
> This argument makes a lot of sense.  Also, most people won't be
> upgrading to 1.5 immediately, so having a more capable svnmerge.py is
> probably a good idea.

I'm fine with that.

> > If you still don't think the change is correct, ok. I for one am
> > perfectly happy with my patched svnmerge and I am willing to wait for
> > 1.5 for the correct solution :-)  If Dustin, or whoever, will create
> > the test case, then I might update my patch to handle the blocked
> > property conflict too.
>
> Ah, I thought someone else had developed a test case.  I'll fix that up,
> then.

Thanks Dustin!

- Dan

p.s. FYI, there are some known failing test case in svnmerge_test.py,
broken by a patch committed last year by Blair (r22788?).  I pointed
this out a while back, but the test cases don't seem to have been
updated yet.  I currently see 3 failures -- unsure if they're all a
result of that change.