[Svnmerge] Using svnmerge.py from the cygwin command line

Irvine, Chuck R [EQ] Chuck.R.Irvine at Embarq.com
Wed Apr 25 11:27:13 PDT 2007

I would like to be able to use svn and svnmerge from the cygwiw/bash
command because of the limited functionality of the windows command
prompt windows.

I also want to be able to use TortiseSVN, Subclipse, and command-line
svn interchangable on the same svn workspaces. Because of line-ending
issues, I can't use the cygwin version of svn with Subclipse and
Tortise, i.e. you can get into various kinds of line ending corruption.

Usually, it is possible in general to run windows commmand-line commands
under cygwin. However, when I try to do this with svnmerge, I get
errors. For example:

R2-trunk$ svnmerge.py init
http://tvmk7235.test.intranet:1025/svn/rTestA/Chuck/App1/branches/R1
c:\Python25\python.exe: can't open file
'/cygdrive/c/apps/subversion-1.4.3/contrib/client-side/svnmerge.py':
[Errno 2] No such file or directory

So, somewhere a cygwin style path name is being picked up.

Does anyone happen to know of a way to do what I'm trying to do?

Thanks,
Chuck