[Svnmerge] Using svnmerge.py from the cygwin command line

Mark Kempster mark at kempster.org
Thu Apr 26 19:56:26 PDT 2007

Chuck -
I use the setup you describe below daily - cygwin, svn, svnmerge, eclipse, tortoisesvn (occasionally) and subclipse. I haven't noticed any errors with line endings and the like, but in general I make sure that any cygwin editors keep to the ms-dos line endings to avoid problems with other developers.

The one thing I noticed in your paste is "C:\Python25\python.exe" - I think the python I'm using is from the cygwin package, so (guessing here) the cygwin-based python just does the Right Thing wrt. unix-flavored paths.

Cheers
- Mark