[Svnmerge] Automating merge tracking initialization

Dustin J. Mitchell dustin at zmanda.com
Wed Apr 23 13:50:04 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Rohan Joseph <rohanjoseph at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've done it manually, and it says
>
> property 'svnmerge-integrated' set on '.' But this doesn't tell me the value
> of the property set - unless I do
>
> svn propget svnmerge-integrated BRANCH-URL
>
> prints - /branches/branch1:1-20 /branches/branch2:1-35
>
> Still, where do I write this information/ rather where does svnmerge.py
> store it?

It's in a subversion property named svnmerge-integrated.  Check out
the svn book (svnbook.red-bean.com) for info on writing a post-commit
hook, and have a look at the source of svnmerge itself to see how the
properties work.  It looks like you're setting up for merging changes
from branches to trunk, so you'll have to commit a subversion property
change to trunk -- not to the branch.  That could be a bit tricky.

If you get this working, I imagine that folks here would be interested
to see what you've done!

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer