[ocaml-biz] Re: [Caml-list] Some logo for your OCaml relatedwebsites (fwd)

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery
Tue Aug 24 00:07:28 PDT 2004

Brian Hurt wrote:

> In the interest of brainstorming, why does it have to be an
> animal?  The
> CAM in Ocaml came from the Catagorical Abstract Machine.  Consider
> machine shapes- especially cogs and cams.

I am thinking of an enormously baroque capital letter 'O' with many
gears, cogs, and flywheels inside of it.  All of course moving in
perfect safety according to their exceedingly variant types.  ;-)  I
think all of my logo brainstorms start out as Absurdly French.  Maybe
sometime I'll show off my foofy Python snakes logo, so you can get an
idea what I mean.

If I fail at this enough times with enough languages, I'll start a Bad
Logo Contest.

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com

20% of the world is real.