[ocaml-biz] adjectives about OCaml

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery
Wed Aug 25 03:28:31 PDT 2004

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

> fast
> abstract
> type safe
> reliable
> high level
> practical

More that occur to me:

advanced  (relative to current industry languages)
pragmatic (i.e. not dogmatic about functional programming)
safe      (shorter than "type safe")

"High level" might have better connotations than "advanced."  "Advanced"
could mean "requires too many brains to understand," hence a negative
for the Dilbert types.  I think I'm leaning towards the following 4
descriptors:

  high level, safe, fast, pragmatic

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com

"We live in a world of very bright people building
crappy software with total shit for tools and process."
                                - Ed Mckenzie